The Kitten Cottage is a safe, warm and happy place for our kittens & mom cats to live while they wait for their new family to find them and take them home. We make sure they are comfortable, loved and healthy so that you know you are adopting a cat that has been well-taken care of.
Loving our kittens and taking care of their health is our number 1 priority! All kittens are tested at 12 weeks for Feline Aids and Leukaemia, and are de-wormed, spayed/neutered and micro-chipped before they can be adopted. We work closely with vets to ensure that that they receive the best treatment. All of these things are necessary to make sure you are adopting a healthy, happy kitten.
In our busiest season at the Kitten Cottage we were taking care of 80 kittens! Administering medication and testing can be quite tricky, especially when we’re short on space. Our aim at the Kitten Cottage is to have our very own Veterinary Section: a clean, sterile environment to test & care for our kittens and mom cats is crucial for their health. This is a huge dream, but we believe that with your help we can make it happen!
Why We Need a Vet Section:
- New kittens need a place to recover and acclimatise when they arrive at the cottage (ideally, kittens should be quarantined for at least 1 week). We will use this time to monitor and assess their health.
- Keeping new kittens quarantined will help prevent the spread of illnesses & keep our other kittens healthy.
- We would love to partner with other rescue centres and pool our resources, sharing our vet section with organisations who can use the space constructively.
- We want an area where new vets can volunteer their time & services – this will reduce costs massively.
- We want to help spay & neuter cats for pet-owners those who can’t afford the veterinary fees, making our community a better place one cat at a time.
What all of this means, at the end of the day, is that we get to save more kittens!
Our Target: R100,000!
*If you know anyone who could help design our vet section, please spread the word! Draftsmen or architects with a heart for helping kittens, we need YOU!
If you’ve read this article, it’s highly likely you love animals. You can also help by sharing this article on your Facebook page! 🙂
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thank you for caring!
[title size=”1″ content_align=”left” style_type=”default” sep_color=”” class=”” id=””]Donate R500.00[/title][fusion_code]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[/fusion_code]